For many women, the holidays can be a time of stress and exhaustion. From cooking Christmas meals to shopping for clothes and decorations and generally doing the overall planning and catering for the entire family which most times includes extended family. Understanding that self-care is not being selfish and realizing that four body needs rest is a great way to start.
Here are three self-care tips women can use to reduce the stress of the holiday:
- Skincare: Apart from the great effects it’ll have on your skin. A simple face mask or face steam(recommended for those with oily skin) can leave you feeling great. The best part is you don’t have to break the bank. Sheet masks and home remedies like turmeric and honey will work the magic. You can also throw in a home pedicure and make it a home spa.
- Meditation: When we say meditation the picture that comes to mind is probably yoga or monks in the Tibetan mountains. But everyone regardless of religion can meditate. It involves clearing your head of all thoughts and relaxing your breathing. Meditation does wonders for stress relief.
- Always stay hydrated: Amid the holiday chaos, it will be very easy to forget to do basic and important acts like drinking water. Hydrating keeps your brain functioning at optimal levels and leaves your body feeling good as well as leaving you with glowing skin.
- Make a schedule: This lets you know when each event you have to attend is and helps you determine if you are having enough free time or not. This would help you create time for rest.
- Don’t forget to delegate: It might be harder for single women who are considered to have a lot of roles in the festivity preparations, but don’t forget to ask for help if you’re overwhelmed Christmas is a time for celebration and also the end to a very exhausting year, so you deserve to rest when you have been working for a while.